Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Artwork
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, thanks! I am pleased to hear that it rocks. Cheese!

Ooh, but I forgot to post it officially on the site. Better go do that.

**avaunts**
Makorr
Serf

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those were fantastic, I have been wondering where you got your avatar from since last night Smile

He's awesome, all we need now is a legion more of those kitty cat men and a ray gun to take over the world!

Ahem.

Dear future kitten lords of the world,

I am a great servant and I taste horrible.

Signed,
Makorr, The hand of Zovo

Amarath
Noble

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja, how do you make such awe-inspiring art?
I really, REALLY want to know.

also; http://www.true-magic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amarath wrote:
Aja, how do you make such awe-inspiring art?
I really, REALLY want to know.

You want the truth? You want the truth? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE-- Oh wait, you're just talking about art? In that case...

Anatomy study, practice, and anatomy study. (Surprisingly, it's actually fun!)

I would be a much, much better artist today if I'd just realized one thing sooner: Real people can be beautiful.

[life story] When I was a kid, I had the mixed fortune of being slightly better than others my age -- so people praised me even though I was just drawing flat anime fan art. I didn't try as hard as I could, because everyone was already telling me I was good. I also thought that real people looked boring and chunky compared to the super-sleek and stylized characters I liked, so I never wanted to draw anything realistic. (It didn't help that the "life drawing" classes at my school seemed to feature naked beanbag-chair-shaped people exclusively.)

Once I figured out that some real people look pretty dang awesome, I started having way more fun with my art (and of course it started looking a heck of a lot better, too). [/life story]

I'd really encourage you to check out Burne Hogarth's books, especially Dynamic Figure Drawing, Dynamic Wrinkles and Drapery, and Drawing the Human Head. His style is a little old-fashioned, but he's the best there is at drawing solid, realistic (and dynamic and interesting) people. More importantly, he explains how he does it in such a way that it seems easy and logical.

Once you can draw realistically, you don't have to. You can apply what you've learned to any art style you like to make it look three-dimensional and believable (and awesome).

That's about all there is to it. (Well, 99% of it, anyway. The other 1% consists of Photoshop tutorials to make stuff shiny.)

I hope that helps! :D

And I hope that wasn't a rhetorical question I just answered. XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Art Exhibit All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: