Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Secrets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AsterLynne
Citizen

Location: The middle of nowhere... No,wait! I'm only nine miles in! Sorry...

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, Who can, other than the professional people who actually get paid for their work? And somethines even they can't do it. I'll help, though I tend to have crazy ideas.
Windy Lady
Fickle... I think

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I dropped off... just too many things to do, stories to write, books to read, ya know how it goes... sure some help would be awsome... Now if I could jus get Blue Draconis to help me on one of my other threads like he said he would... *shrug*
Windy Lady
Fickle... I think

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The day just could not go by fast enough. No matter how hard she tried not to think about the coming of the end of the day, the further away it seemed. With it being a weekend, and Brea home from work, Leanna had a hard time trying not to show her anxiousness. Brea knew something was up with her sister and tried to distract her by taking her shopping and to a movie. She was afraid that Leanna was starting to obsess about Chris again. How little she knows how close to the truth she is, thought Leanna tiredly.

By the time 7:30 rolled around, she had finished her book earlier in the day and two new outfits courtesy of Brea. They were still strolling around the mall when Leanna thought she heard someone calling her name. Quickly looking around for the source, she didn’t see anyone.

“What is it?” asked Brea when she stopped to look around.

“I thought I heard someone call my name. I must be imagining things again.”

“Well, anyway as I was saying, Drew wants to drop by again tomorrow. I need to go out of town for a couple of days on business. Will you be alright?”

I’ll be alright once I find out what the hell is going on with Chris, Leanna thought. Just as she was about to open her mouth to give a verbal reply however, Leanna “heard” Chris. He was nowhere in sight but she could swear that she heard him clearly and the world seemed to momentarily fade.

Leanna… Christ, I have to stop them from doing this to you… warn you… I love you…It is almost time to meet her… Will she come…’course she will…What…? poo…

Then his voice seemed to fade, like a volume turned way down all of a sudden, or muted. Quickly glancing at her watch, Leanna realized how close she was to missing the meeting. She needed to get away from Brea, who was looking at her with concern.

“Yeah, I’ll be ok,” Leanna said realizing that she hadn’t finished answering her sister. “Hey, I think I will head to the bookstore for a while. After finishing that book earlier, I need a new one. Why don’t you go on ahead? I won’t be long at the store,” Leanna suggested, knowing how much her sister did not like waiting around in a bookstore for her.

“Ok, just don’t take forever. If you’re going to be longer than an hour, call me.”

“Will do. Be careful going home.”

“You too, call me when you are on the way.”

Nodding Lilary turned and walked away towards the bookstore keeping an eye out for Chris. Suddenly, as she was about to walk into the store, a hand landed on her shoulder. Turning around she looked up into the gray eyes she knew so well.

“Chris…” Leanna started to say, but Chris stopped her by putting a finger to her lips and saying, “not here.” Then Chris took her hand and lead her out of the mall.
Windy Lady
Fickle... I think

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On her way out to the car, Brea could not help but worrying over Leanna. It had been two months since Chris had died and Leanna seemed to be doing better. But it still seemed as though she would have odd moments of silence where she would be lost in memory. Granted loosing someone you cared for deeply would take a while to get over, but peace would eventually come.

Brea took out her car keys and was getting ready to unlock her car when she saw a shadow come up behind her. Turning around she saw a skinny woman with black spiked hair coming towards hair with a hand waving in the air.

“Hey Brea, wait up!” the strange lady said as she came closer. “Sheesh, it’s been a while since I’ve seen you. What has it been, three years since high school?” Brea must have looked confused because the next words out of the woman’s mouth were, “you don’t remember me do you? Tina, we used to have World History together?”

And just like that, Brea remembered her friend she had lost touch with over the years. “Tina, good god I didn’t recognize you. You dyed your hair didn’t you?” The Tina that Brea remembered had red hair. “Wow, I never thought I’d see you again, and that made me sad,” Brea said with hesitancy. “We had fun in World History together, didn’t we?”

She seemed to remember an incident when the teacher was trying to explain about how the only way for there to be world peace was for every nation to be ready for war. If everyone was ready for war, then they would all try and dissipate the need for the war through peace talks. But while the teacher was lecturing, Tina made some smart, funny comment that sent the whole class into fits of laughter that took the teacher a while to quiet down. Funny that it took Brea three years to remember it though. “It is good to see you again,” Brea said.

“Yeah, you too. I know I just caught up to you and all, but I do need to get running. Hey, how about we get together in a couple of days and catch up on what we have been doing these last few years?” Tina asked.

“Sure thing, I am pretty much open, though I do have my sister staying with me for a while. Just give me a call.” The next minute was spent in exchanging phone numbers then Brea got in her car and went home while Tina walked back in the direction she had come.

Chris kept looking furtively over his shoulder. He was not sure whether or not Mia had picked up his plan from his thoughts… it had been hard to bury them deeply from her. While it was taboo to use ones powers on a fellow Family member, picking up surface thoughts was not unheard of. Mia was supposed to be off “re-introducing” herself to Lea’s sister as on old high school acquaintance. But it never hurt to be safe.

He pulled Leanna after him outside the mall and into the shadows.

“Chris, what is going on? You… you’re kind of scaring me,” Leanna said in a small voice.

“There is something I need to tell you…” Chris began.

“Well, yeah,” Leanna said cutting him off. “First you are dead in my arms and then I find you in the streets of another city? What is going on?”

“If you would just let me talk…” He tried again.

“Do you know how much it hurt thinking you were dead. The stares, the sympathetic touches and looks I got from friends and family?”

I know, I know how hard it was for you, however, I didn’t have a choice, I was trying to protect you.

“Protect me from what?” Leanna responded, not realizing that she responded to his thoughts instead of his voice.

From the Family, the people for whom I work now. People who want you, now, for your abilities. Don’t find anything about this conversation the least bit strange?

Now forced to stop and think about it, Leanna realized that Chris had not been moving his lips as he spoke. “Wha… What… What is this?”

“You have the ability to do this too. And the Family wants you for it.”

“I can do what, speak with my mind? Who is this family, and if they are so bad that you wanted to protect me from them, why do you work for them?”

“Yes, you can speak with your mind, even now I can hear some of your surface thoughts. You can do this and much more. You are one of the strongest Psi-abilities that the Family has ever run across. As for who the Family is, they are an organization within the military that has been… ‘collecting’ people with these abilities. They want to use them for research, experiments, and the occasional special ops missions. They found me three months ago. If I didn’t join them, they were going to go after you, to force me to join. I couldn’t let them do that to you, so I joined. I learned what I could, as fast as I could,” he paused.

“I didn’t want them to realize that you had your own potential. I didn’t even know it was there until I over heard your thoughts. You were projecting them towards me rather loudly. That was when I realized that you had the abilities as well. I wondered why they hadn’t tried to take you as well. But it seemed as though I was the only one who could ‘hear’ you at the time.

“As for my death, I had to fake it. You and everyone else that I loved had to truly believe that I was dead. Everyone who joins has to fake their own death, that way they have ‘no strings attached’ and are free to take on new identities as the situation demands.”

Chris took a step toward Leanna, grasped her hands and looked her in the eyes. His eyes were shinning with such love and sadness that she found herself holding her breath.

You asked if I knew what you had gone through after that night, she heard him say in her mind, I can honestly say that I do. I felt every moment of your pain, your suffering. We seem to share some sort of bond, and I have felt and ‘heard’ you through that bond. And all I can say is that I am sorry that I caused you that pain, but I did it to try and protect you, and with that said, Chris looked at Leanna, waiting for her reaction to his torrent of words.

“You have to be kidding me,” Lea said with disbelief, trying to picture herself as some sort of Miss. Cleo, with the multi colored turban wrapped around her head and a Jamaican accent.

Suddenly Chris laughed. “No, you are definitely not Miss Cleo, though, with practice, you might have some of her supposed abilities.”
Windy Lady
Fickle... I think

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, its been a while how is everyone doing?

Well, tell me *waits anxiously*, what do you think of what I have done with this story?
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya, Lady! Nice to see another installment.

Aha, so certain people can plant fake memories? There must be so many fun ways to abuse an ability like that. Nudge Nudge
Windy Lady
Fickle... I think

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooohh yeah... just haven't figured out the specifics of how to make it work. :D
Robin Sherwood
Court Poet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works, just don't over use it. You might want to think about putting limitations on it like there has to be a base memory that is built upon and not just randomly planting totally false memories. So in theory there could be a real Tina and Mia is altering Brea's preception of her to create a feeling of trust.
Windy Lady
Fickle... I think

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is prolly what is going on. Mia just picked out the memory of Tina and is going from there. Tina and Brea weren't actually close friends in high school but... Mia is using it to her advantage. Sorry I don't as of yet have another installment Razz However I was thinking of doing this story for national novel writing month :D.... which now means I'm 13 days behind...
Windy Lady
Fickle... I think

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, here it is another, what 2-3 years later and I still don't have another installment for Nanowrimo *hangs head in shame*? someone needs to whip me into action... help please!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Art Exhibit All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: