Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

16 Days, 16 Free Sketches (2012)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: 16 Days, 16 Free Sketches (2012) Reply with quote

Previous Years: 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011

It's year five of J16! My goodness, how time flies.

You know the challenge: I attempt to draw a sketch per day for the last sixteen days of the month, starting tomorrow (the 16th).

What will I draw? YOU decide! I'll draw a sketch for each of the first sixteen people to post a request.
(Only one or two characters per sketch, please. ^^ Short descriptions and reference pictures are most welcome.)

EDIT: All the sketch prompts are in! That was fast!

Sketch prompts:
  1. Totally non-adorable Cthulhu - for see317
  2. Adelbart de Poncerton interacting with Gauth - for DarkMousy
  3. Mitzi Adler - for alliisara
  4. Kit battling Lord Octopod (or Jim) in the snow - for KitFang
  5. Chloe Ashley and Reve Prince - for XiaoCaity
  6. Constantin - for Fenris_Vile
  7. Rick and Cy - for Saint Cy
  8. Wiglaf and Kitty!Herschell - for Liliy
  9. Blueprints of the Dusk to Dusk - for Amarath
  10. Xander and Cat in a truly True Magic situation - for xandinavian
  11. Purplefire having a goofy battle with Kiku - for Purplefire
  12. Something cute with the Alphonse - for Creepy Bob
  13. Kiku cosplaying as Wolverine - for Kayran
  14. Rii making Kiku a sandwich - for b4k4-chan
  15. Daran - for falingard
  16. Original character from the mists of time - for Avatara
Onward! Avast!

Last edited by Aja on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:02 pm; edited 15 times in total
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joy, I love this time of year.

hmmm...
In the past I asked for a tribble that had been horribly molested by alien cyborgs, cut apart and rebuilt with prosthetics, and it was adorable.
Then I asked for a horrible fusion of monkey and piranha fighting a post apocalyptic leather wearing mime, and the result was, again, adorable.
I've watched the other requests and each is, in it's own way, adorable. True, some branched into a bit disturbing, but still adorable.

This year, branch out a bit. How bout the title character from HP Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos? That's right, Big C himself, only, not cute. Avoid the temptation towards cuteness, abhor that which makes you "D'aww" outloud, deny that which fills you with warm fuzzy feelings. I know it'll be tough, with the adorable rending claws, the pulpy, grotesque head and the wretchedly writhing tentacles, but I have faith in you.

Alternatively, I've been catching up on my Dumas. So if you want to draw the TM cast as characters from The Three Musketeers as my request, that'd also be cool to see.

Edit: That last sentence wasn't intended as a pun. I don't like to think I'm the kind of person who would pun about myself in the third person. I like to think I'm the kind of person who would hurt, or at least pointedly ignore, that other kind of person.

Last edited by see317 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:32 pm; edited 4 times in total
DarkMousy
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja-senpai, you are the greatest! I like you the most!!!!

Je T'adore

I wouldn't mind seeing Adelbart de Poncerton interacting with Gauth in some way :3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
alliisara
Serf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy birthday! *<- totally just made a forum account to say that, totallynotgreedyatall* (Been reading for a while, just never had a reason to come into the forums before)

Could I have my character Mitzi Adler, a Grim Reaper who likes girly things - ribbons, ponies, makeup, BOYS (and more ribbons). Very funloving, and a bit of a party-girl. She also can be very competitive, but not always about things that make sense.

Reference image. Possibly more info about her than you actually want.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Alliisara, hope you stick around.
We're a small community, but a friendly one.

When we start talking about cannibalism, don't worry. Most of us are just joking around.

Last edited by see317 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
KitFang
Spark

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! Less Than Three Happy imminent birthday, Aja! (I still boggle at the idea that you give US presents for this event, but I will not look this delightfully prancing gift-horse in the mouth. No, sir.)

Let's see...this never fails to happen to me--I debate for days about what to request and then still don't have a decision made by the time requests open. Something near and dear to me, something I want to see, but hopefully something fun for you and others...

On the one hand, I am struggling quite mightily to NOT request something involving characters from Team Fortress 2. Namely Medic and someone else...maybe Spy or Engineer or Sniper...ooh, or Pyro...being bros and getting into ridiculous shenanigans together. These guys are up to no good. Always. But, you see, I fear that this would require so much background research on your part (though I would gladly direct you to as much reference as was humanly possible! Including animated videos!) and the style would be so different, that it may very quickly stop being fun for you. I absolutely do not want that!
Try as I might, I still could not resist mentioning it. orz
So, unless you are already familiar with this game and it sounds like something you're champing at the bit to do...ignore this and move onto the next idea, alright?

Another totally viable option would be: Your TM-version of my character, Kit, locked in a battle to the ____ (fill in the blank with whatever you like) with Lord Octopod in the snow!
(Or, if our favorite object of cult adoration is too much of a potential spoiler, feel free to place Jim as Kit's opponent. I love that handsome little scamp--I mean, recruiter a bit too much at times, so he is a 100% valid substitution. (I still can't help but call him "Mr. Burgundy" in my head...I don't know why.))

---------
Let me know if you need any references and I will supply them with as much speed as I can muster! (I still have that info on Kit from before if you need it again. I also maintain a reasonably extensive supply of things referencing TF2...so I could cover that too if it were your choice.)
Edit: (Please see the PM I just sent you for what email address to use to reach me!)

---------

Welcome to the forum, alliisara!
And see, your idea is totally fascinating--I'd love to see Aja pull out some horror for us all. (Despite my general tendency to squeak and look away from that which is truly terrifying.) Incidentally, I am also reading The Three Musketeers (for the first time, oh my!) right now...so your 2nd request is shockingly topical for me!

Last edited by KitFang on Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFang wrote:

Welcome to the forum, alliisara!
And see, your idea is totally fascinating--I'd love to see Aja pull out some horror for us all. (Despite my general tendency to squeak and look away from that which is truly terrifying.) Incidentally, I am also reading The Three Musketeers (for the first time, oh my!) right now...so your 2nd request is shockingly topical for me!

KitFang, are trying to say that you are me?
Because it's the first time I've read The Three Musketeers as well (seen a half dozen movies based on it, but it's just not the same...).
Fictional horror I can deal with, give me all the tentacley sanity-killing beasties you want, I'll take them with a side of killer space alien and an extra helping of supernaturally empowered dream dwelling serial killer. But semi-realistic horror... no thanks. If it sounds more like something I'd see on the news then in the coming attraction real, it's not for me.
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheeeeeheeheheheheheeeeeeee! J16! *happyflail* You are so unspeakably awesome for doing this every year, Aja. <3 (I got sent a whole lot of gourmet tea for christmas. Can you tell?)

I've been thinking long and hard over this year's one, because I have so much interesting crack I'd love to see you draw, and yet, as always, I have fallen into my pattern of asking for two of my characters being, well, my characters. (i.e. NOT NORMAL.)

So this year, I ask for two characters from my sci-fantasy epic thing that is the unholy union of Phantasy Star and Final Fantasy VII (stupid epic awesome corporation of death...)!

Chloe 'Why is my codename The Witch?' Ashley and Reve 'Get the fangirls away from me!' Prince.

Descriptions to be PMed once I get down off my caffiene high. Wheeeeeee~
KitFang
Spark

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see317 wrote:
KitFang, are trying to say that you are me?
Because it's the first time I've read The Three Musketeers as well (seen a half dozen movies based on it, but it's just not the same...).
Fictional horror I can deal with, give me all the tentacley sanity-killing beasties you want, I'll take them with a side of killer space alien and an extra helping of supernaturally empowered dream dwelling serial killer. But semi-realistic horror... no thanks. If it sounds more like something I'd see on the news then in the coming attraction real, it's not for me.

My goodness...if I am you and you are me, our parents are in for quite a confusing time. Especially if we are actually one person!
Yeah, I've seen several movies, and I grew up with many references to them, but I've never actually read it. So, since it became available for free thanks to this newfangled "Nook" device--I figured, why not!? I am not very far into the story yet, but I can say with certainty that d'Artagnan is a bit of a jerk. I have been assured that the Musketeers will be jerks as well. What fun! Wink

You know...I suppose that opinion on horror totally fits me too. I've never really thought about it, but you're right: if something is fantastical or sci-fi in nature, I can say "Bring it on!" in the horror department. It's really only the horror that can (and often does) happen to people in real life that disturbs me deeply. (I'll still probably jump when the former occurs on screen though. I'm a wuss. I remember coming home from watching Jurassic Park and being a little afraid to open the door...because I was just sure there were raptors on the other side.)
Fenris_Vile
Courtier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy birthday, Aja! Would it be horribly rude to ask how old you're turning?

I would like a sketch of my DnD character, Constantin. He's got five levels in rogue, five in beguiler, and three in arcane trickster. His spell of choice is spiderclimb, which allows him to walk up walls and on ceilings. I have some sketches that I can send later~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Art Exhibit All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: