Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Young Art
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Tulsi. Glad you enjoyed it...

Here is a sketch of some fan art of everyone's favorite couple.
Though for some reason Jill's face doesn't seem right.

Anyways I will ink and color it some time within the next few days.

I like how this came out, and I think I captured their cuteness.

As always, critiques are always appreciated. As long as they are beneficial, and not just hate.
Cheese!
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now with a splash of paint...

Turned out pretty good, I think... Wonder if I should send it to the author?
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You totally should! I'm sure Art would like it.

As for critique: well, Jack and Jill are supposed to be cute and cartoony, but your other characters would all look so much more awesome with realistic anatomy and proportions.

If you have a library handy, check out Drawing Cutting Edge Anatomy (The Ultimate Reference Guide for Comic Book Artists). It's a lot of fun to read, and really helps you make sense of some of those mystery parts (like back muscles and forearms) that are kind of hard to figure out just by looking in a mirror.

I think you'll be really proud of what you can do once you start learning more of this stuff. :D
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the critique, Aja..

I will have to try and pick up that book. It wasn't intentional that Jack and Jill came out cartoony. I guess force of habit turned them that way. But looking at it. The anatomy of Jill just drives me insane.
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have re-drawn that picture again. Was really not happy with it.

I have dumped the cartoon look for a more realistic style, which fits, and looks a million times better.

I am happy with this one. And it's a huge difference between this sketch, and the one earlier.

Sometimes I impress even me. I was also able to pick up that book you recommended.

I will have to give it a glance over, and under, and sideways, and make that anatomy my new wife. Nudge Nudge

Critiques always welcome.
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone's favorite plumber... Well not mine.. Mine is Luigi.

I think I color better than I draw. Rolling Eyes
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously better coloring than drawing..
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you found the book? That was fast. :D

If that's your most recent picture, it looks like you're improving already. Keep at it! As one person said, it's impossible to have the desire to do something without first having the potential to do it well. (Personally, I think that anyone can master anything if they're willing to practice, and desire just makes the difference between practicing or not... but somehow that doesn't sound as inspiring!)

One thing to keep in mind is that when you start drawing anatomy and proportions more accurately, it will feel (and probably even look) wrong to you while you're drawing it. You'll think, "those shoulders are the wrong width," or "that nose is in the wrong place," because it's different from what you're used to seeing on the paper. That happened to me constantly for a while, and it was really frustrating until I got used to the new way of doing things.

Another thing I discovered is that if you're going for realism, even if you're putting everything in the right place, the picture will look wrong for about 90% of the time you spend drawing it (usually until you add the shading). Then, suddenly, it will look startlingly good.

As long as you can still enjoy the process, I'd suggest concentrating on technical accuracy (putting things in the right place) without worrying about achieving any particular style or effect. Once you're comfortable with that, you can start stylizing your art in all sorts of awesome ways, and it will still look right. :D

But however you decide to go about it, have fun! You stick with that new wife of yours, and she'll take good care of you. Nudge Nudge
Nemilay
Spark

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY!! I love Ben 10. I dont' know why my sister doesn't. It's hillarious.
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice, Aja. I appreciate it.

Thanks for the comment, Nemilay. Ben 10 is the only show I like on Cartoon Network. I used to watch it all the time.. Now, I only watch Nick.

One of the best things about art is that each piece is better than the last, and it's great to see each piece improve..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Art Exhibit All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: