Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

#26 Skullduggery!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been trying for years and bloomin' years, and I cannot for the life of me make one eyebrow move independantly of the other.

I'm quite good at a deadpan 'interesting' or 'fascinating', though.
Nemilay
Spark

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XiaoCaity wrote:
I have been trying for years and bloomin' years, and I cannot for the life of me make one eyebrow move independantly of the other.

I'm quite good at a deadpan 'interesting' or 'fascinating', though.

Ha ha ha. That's not funny. |-(

lol. I can do the eyebrow quirk. I like to do it and watch my younger siblings try. Usually one eye gets really squinty like and they other is practically staring at me but their eyebrows are still in the same place. It's hard not to laugh when you're looking at that. Cheese!
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hysterical if you can time it right. And with my classmates, it's pretty easy. They keep giving me excellent targets, is it my fault I can't resist?
Nemilay
Spark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, not at all. I pride myself when I can resist but sometimes it's just impossible. I say if that's the case then laugh all the louder or, act out the part even better as the case may be. Some people really should learn to guard their flank better if you get my meaning. Nudge Nudge
Paul_V
Courtier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this really relates to the conversation, but I've found that deadpanning your conversations can be a great source of private amusement:

Someone: "How was your day today?"

You: "Interesting. I breathed acidic fumes by accident. It was rather painful."

Them: *shocked stare*

You: *Inner amusement*
Zela
Spark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my best friends does that to me all the time. And I can't tell, because he deadpans when he's telling me real things, too! So all I can do is either a) laugh hysterically at everything he says, including normal stuff, b) deadpan back, or c) look at him worriedly.
I can move either eyebrow independantly of the other. I haven't seen a lot of Star Trek, but I know those quotes! Yay.
The unjust hath the just's umbrella
-Ogden Nash
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two survival methods for class. Deadpan, and Lunatic.

Lunatic is rather fun, because I tend to quote British comedies and there's a girl in the class who is a.) a fan of the same things so can send quotes back, and b.) significantly less stupid than the rest of my classmates.

We once did the entire Mister Flibble bit from Red Dwarf. Us: Laughing hysterically. Them: Confused as hell, except for the teacher who was trying to get us to shut up long enough for everyone else to do the work.
Paul_V
Courtier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zela wrote:
One of my best friends does that to me all the time. And I can't tell, because he deadpans when he's telling me real things, too! So all I can do is either a) laugh hysterically at everything he says, including normal stuff, b) deadpan back, or c) look at him worriedly.
I can move either eyebrow independantly of the other. I haven't seen a lot of Star Trek, but I know those quotes! Yay.

But I was being serious! That's what makes it so funny! I'm a Biochem student, I breathe toxic fumes like you people breathe clean air. Nudge Nudge

XiaoCaity: Ah, I used to do Lunacy as well. Then it got boring, since people got used to it. Now I Deadpan as if my life depended on it.
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpan is good. Lunacy is very interesting when it's in stereo.

Rimmer 1: You thought you had it bad before, Lister?
Rimmer 2: Now you've got in stereo, baby!

Mwahahahahaha.

I must memorise some Star Trek quotes again. 'Czar of all the Russias' is a good one, if I do the accent right. I came to a special decision yesterday. Next time one of my classmates tries to convince me that Twilight is romantic, that Sparklepires are anything more than a travesty of an old and beloved legend, or that Edward is anything other than a controlling nutjob, I shall start speaking to them in Russian and never speak to them in English again unless it is completely necessary.
Paul_V
Courtier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XiaoCaity wrote:
Deadpan is good. Lunacy is very interesting when it's in stereo.

Rimmer 1: You thought you had it bad before, Lister?
Rimmer 2: Now you've got in stereo, baby!

Mwahahahahaha.

I must memorise some Star Trek quotes again. 'Czar of all the Russias' is a good one, if I do the accent right. I came to a special decision yesterday. Next time one of my classmates tries to convince me that Twilight is romantic, that Sparklepires are anything more than a travesty of an old and beloved legend, or that Edward is anything other than a controlling nutjob, I shall start speaking to them in Russian and never speak to them in English again unless it is completely necessary.

Hahah, that's a good technique.

Oh, the Twilight hate. Yes, she turned Vampires into sparking Marty Stues, she wrote in excrutiating detail, she made plot a very secondary priority, she made the main character into a Mary Sue... what was my point? Oh, right! The novels are mildly entertaining once you get past the bad points. Of course, I read anything with Vampires on it (even sparkly!vampires), so I might be biased.

But I have to admit that's a very good idea, don't mind if I borrow it. Nudge Nudge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Magic Show All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: