Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

SiB and Creep: The Paragon Project (NSFW)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SABERinBLUE
Pretty Fly for a Blue Guy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. This is really shaping up well.

I have more for you, but which res did you use for that last one? Because if I don't need the super res I won't bother scanning it.
SABERinBLUE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paragon Shade, aka "江明 (Jiang Ming)"
Born ???
Height 5'8"
Eyes Blue
Hair Black
Asian

Shade is an absurdly advanced robot modelled after a series of attempts to genetically engineer the perfect artificial being. Rather than being biological herself, she is a machine that exhibits physical abilities whose limits are unknown. Her appearance is actually a holographic projection with tactile forcefields making her superficially indistinguishable from a human. She has several holo-sonas to choose from but the one she identifies most with is Jiang Ming. Ming is an impossibly beautiful and entrancing Chinese woman in her early 20s.

The only skin that's actually bared in that outfit is the midriff, shoulders, and face. The upper arms and thighs are in a tight garment. Pick your colors however you will, but know that Shade's color is blue (a shade of blue just a bit lighter than the blue on the Midnight Ocean forum style here) so like, blues and neutral tones is what I'me going for here. Hell, it hadn't really occured to me while drawing this, but part of this outfit might work in white or a light gray. Or maybe not. Your call. A blue aura around her (like you did in red with Relay) would not be amiss. The actual skin tone I can't decide on since you've got a larger swing area when talking about Chinese people. She's always been of a very light-skinned persuasion in the past, but just use your best judgement here. Oh and uh, you can totally put pupils in the eyes if you want, I decided to just leave them out of the sketch. The eyes are an icy blue. Lighting: Cold tones from our right side.
Creep
Noble

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, can't quite see what's supposed to be what. Mind doing another color guide?
SABERinBLUE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, but I have to run to class at this particular moment. Check back in about two hours.
SABERinBLUE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.paragonsigma.com/images2/shade3.0colorguide.jpg

This is an (albeit super deformed) more complete guide to the outfit:

http://www.paragonsigma.com/images2/shade3.0sdcolorguide.jpg

The details on the belt I think could be a darker gray. Just make the skin whatever Asian skintone you think looks good with the colors.
Babs
Courtier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG...OMG...OMG....the two of you together are fast giving serious comptetition to Tauhid as my favorite artist. These are just fantastic, guys.
SABERinBLUE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's weird because I never ever would have considered a partner for my webcomic. Ever. In a million years. But then I never got any offers either, let alone from someone as with it as Bob. Thing is, I've never been happy with my own coloring. Only like once or twice have I ever uploaded a page that I didn't think had been ruined by my inept colors. Plus, I now want to draw even better so the colors will look better (and I know I can draw far beyond my own coloring abilities and not worry that it'll get ruined when I attack it with prismacolors). So this should be the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

EDIT: Oh yeah, while I was doing the color guide the paint bucket bled in a really super-neat way that I figured I'd save a copy of:

http://www.paragonsigma.com/images2/shade3.0smallmistake.jpg
Creep
Noble

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babs wrote:
OMG...OMG...OMG....the two of you together are fast giving serious comptetition to Tauhid as my favorite artist. These are just fantastic, guys.

*flinches* Wh- quiet you fool, He could hear you! *breathes deep into a small paper bag for a while* ...okay, okay, I'm fine, I'm fine.

While I'm not sure if we deserve such lofty praises (before I forget btw, thank you ver' much), I would agree that we, our relative youth taken into account, are the sh... the sh... uh... bloody word filter...

"we are the poo" just sounds so, so, so deeply WRONG...
Creep
Noble

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleh, all around I'm just not feeling the color-do I did for this one. But I have been in an extreme creative slump lately though, so what else is new?
waf
Courtier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that one, that one is my favorite thus far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Art Exhibit All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 3 of 27

Jump to: