Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Holidays!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Happy Holidays! Reply with quote

Music Santa Music

Are you enjoying some time off? What kind of gifts did you give and receive this year?
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Holidays to you as well Aja, and to :D as well..

I am enjoying time off. I am on vacation from work today until the 2nd of January.

There was not much on my list this year. When you are grown and can buy what you want at any time, there is not much that you don't already have if you wanted it.

So my list was small.

I have gotten gift cards as well as two video games. Assassins Creed 3, and Dishonored. I have not played all the Creed games as there was a few little spin offs. But I did play one and two. Enjoyed them both.

I also got Finding Nemo on blue ray. I love Pixar and everything they do. I have not been able to sit through Cars 2 yet. I was not a big fan of the first one and the second one just doesn't do anything for me. I have also not seen Brave, either.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a blu-ray player and a sound bar for my TV, also a knife set.
Nice stuff for the new apartment.

Giving wise, my siblings and I went together and got my dad the Bond collection on blu-ray, and a heartfelt apology to my mom for getting my dad the Bond collection on blu-ray...
Also got my mom a box of the keurig coffee cups and a gift certificate to a book store (hard to shop for my mom). Gave my brother a PC power supply I had in my closet and a gift card to Amazon (had to keep it small since he flew out).

Have to go back to work in the morning though, and earlier then usual to cover for my co-worker who's taking some time off. But hopefully it'll be slow, just thankful I'm not working retail...
Noble

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Holidays to all! I hope everyone got what they wanted this Boxing Day's Eve. Alas, I am back to work tomorrow already.

Much like young, there was not very much on my wish list, I got 2 soundtracks. My siblings also do a White Elephant gift exchange because they don't want to go to the trouble of getting gifts for everyone anymore. Personally, I'd still be fine with getting gifts for everyone anyway, but they say doing that makes them feel bad or whatever. So, we all buy random gifts of dubious utility and value, and take turns selecting them.

I think I "won", as the person who chose my gift didn't seem particularly enthused. I got stuck with a gag gift last year, after submitting a nice Blu-Ray as my gift (Captain America, for the curious).

How about you, Miss Silver, and :D? Any gifts or events of note? I hope the holidays find you well.
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got many many gift cards for EB Games. Wicked

I also got a ticket to the very first showing of the Hobbit and, without spoilers... HELL. YES. DWARVES RULE.
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Gift cards are great -- like several presents in one. Less Than Three

Shadowstorm wrote:
How about you, Miss Silver, and :D? Any gifts or events of note? I hope the holidays find you well.

Indeed, and thanks! Giving-wise, I didn't have time for nearly as much gift art as I'd hoped, but the few things I made seemed well-received.

And I was given some awesome games! Ico, Star Ocean Till the End of Time, Okami (now I can enjoy one of my favorite remixes even more), and a PS1 sequel to The Lost Vikings. Lots of motivation for me to get my work done early every day. Cheese!
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
And I was given some awesome games! Ico, Star Ocean Till the End of Time, Okami (now I can enjoy one of my favorite remixes even more), and a PS1 sequel to The Lost Vikings. Lots of motivation for me to get my work done early every day. Cheese!

Wicked Oh, do tell me when you get to the colossal BS moment in Star Ocean. This is a reaction I really, REALLY want to see. *sits back with some popcorn*

Yes, it's THAT insane. And it's a pity because right up til the BS moment I would have said Til The End Of Time was my favourite Star Ocean. (Now I'll happily say First Departure is best. All the cuteness.)
Shadowstorm
Noble

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XiaoCaity wrote:
Wicked Oh, do tell me when you get to the colossal BS moment in Star Ocean. This is a reaction I really, REALLY want to see. *sits back with some popcorn*

Um...that...that sounds like it doesn't bode well for Miss Aja...

Oh, Xiao, any ideas of what to spend all those gift cards on? If you haven't already?
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Revelations, Two Worlds 2 Game of the Year Edition, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce, and Pokemon Pearl. Mmmmm, there is much fun gaming in my future.
Shadowstorm
Noble

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge gaming backlog at the moment. I just only recently finished The Last Story, gonna New Game+ it before I move onto Xenoblade.

If you hadn't bought your games already, I would have suggested buying that, but I believe it's hard to find over there nowadays. Plus it doesn't sound like you own a Wii?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: