Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Something For Aja

View previous topic :: View next topic  
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Something For Aja Reply with quote

Well, I cleaned out the bar, and caught (most of) the bats, and let Michael and Gauth have a drink. Set a couple of hours after Aja's delightful picture of Gauth getting inked on by the Don. (Michael is one of my characters, and he could be likened to Delsus for those of you who know the Atelier Iris series. For the rest of you - womaniser and borderline drunkard.)

Ink and Sympathy

The barman plunked another glass of liquor in front of Gauth and sauntered off to serve another customer. Gauth wasn't sure where this bar was, or indeed how he'd even found it, but the drinks were reasonably cheap and didn't seem to be turning him blind, so he counted that as a minor victory.

Someone plonked onto the stool next to him, and the bartender immediately slid a glass of something ink-black and vile-smelling to him. "Thanks, Norman," he said, slugging back about half of the drink and shuddering.

Gauth stared. The man had apparently been attacked by someone with an inkbrush and a grudge (or someone terribly bored); his face had been painted into a fair approximation of a cat, including whiskers and stripes. Ink even trailed through his neat little goatee, apparently no barrier to the artist's whims.

"Yes, I know there's something on my face," the man growled, and turned his head to deliver some blistering comment that was quickly lost in shock. "Whoa. What are the odds?"

"Someone out there is laughing at us," Gauth grumbled, slugging down his own drink and grimacing. Sure, it wasn't killing his eyes, but it still tasted like death warmed over. He was just glad that he was still able to get drunk.

"Hey Norman, another round over here," the man said, waving at the bartender, and soon a new drink appeared on the bar in front of him. "I'm Michael, by the way."

"Gauth."

"So, what did you do to get the makeover?" Michael asked, grinning. He seemed strangely unpeturbed by his appearance.

"I stole a necromancer's hat," Gauth said into his drink. To his surprise, Michael gave him a friendly punch to the shoulder, laughing. "What did you do?"

"I flirted with an alchemist who wasn't in the mood," he said with a grin. "I had no idea she could move that fast. It was totally worth it - I could see down her shirt the entire time."

"I don't suppose she called you a tomcat?" Gauth asked, smirking.

"Exactly!" Michael laughed, and Gauth found himself laughing along. "So, Gauth, what say we get so drunk we forget we don't normally look like this?"

He considered for a few moments and shrugged. "Only if you tell me what you said to the Alchemist."

Short, silly, pointless, but so much fun to write. And no, I don't know what he said to the Alchemist.
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eee, you really wrote it! That was fast.

I love it. That Michael sounds like quite a fun character. :D

Gauth wrote:
"Someone out there is laughing at us."

Indeed. Cheese!
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was half-written in my head to begin with. :D

Michael is... weird. He's a lot of fun to write though, I'm fairly certain he has no shame.

Wicked
Nemilay
Spark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it!! I must say I hate fan fictions where they use the character but don't keep them in character. You XiaoCaity have held true to Gauth's character which I deeply admire. Well, done. I was laughing through the whole thing. Whoo!

Oh and some of this: Hilarity

Sly Smirk
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, shucks. *blush*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Art Exhibit All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: