Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Reunion Party!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops, it seems I scared of skitz.... My apologies.

You've all had quite the lives, and experiences over the years. Has it bettered your life or made you bitter? Shocked

I've avoided Penny Arcade forum like the plague. It was just so nasty and vile back then. And the comments I received towards my art, really set me back over the years. To the point that I hardly even drew much. Sure, I probably should have had thicker skin on the internet. But that was when I was naive, and before I knew and realized the internet is a dark, toxic place, that is full of vitriol and sadness.

Nice, sounds like fun gaming some D&D with people. I have not really played that, in a long, long time. Not anyone to do a game with. There was a game that uses plastic pieces, called, Descent, that I play from time to time. It was similar to the old board game Heroes Quest.

I know what you mean about being an anti-social shut in. I lived my whole life like that, which made it difficult to really meet anyone, and as such I remained single. Of course a terrible break up with a girl I was engaged to, back in 04, did not help much either. That one shook me to the core.

Now I am working on changing myself up, healing my life, and going from that anti-social shut in, to out and about exploring the world and meeting all types of people.

Brady, Washington DC, was a lot of fun. Of course I went there by myself. A friend went down one day and spent the day down there. I wanted to go to the Smithsonian, and had always wanted to be there. Of course thee is so much to the Smithsonian that I did not see it all. I did manage to see Air and Space, that was a lot of fun. Saw the restored Star Trek enterprise, which is said to be one of the official rigging ships they used for the show. There was a ton of walking as there is so much to see there. Each day was about 10 miles of walking throughout the course of the day. So much to see that I did not even see it all. It was neat seeing all that history like that. It's very fascinating. To see how far we have come over the years. How our technology, and way of living has evolved. And in some cases, we are de-evolving.

Yes, it is weird to not be able to "like" a post on forums.
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Smithsonian sounds amazing. I didn't know they had an Enterprise there. Was that the Original Series, TNG, or Ent? Were there moon landers and stuff like that in the Air and Space Museum?

I learned a lot from the experiences over the last few years. Sure, some of them were pretty frustrating, but I decided to take some control of my experiences my seeking out fun and interesting experiences where I can make friends and learn things. I figured life throws bad experiences at you no matter what you do, but you have to seek out good experiences. One year (2012), I made it my New Year's resolution to do one new thing every week, and if I miss a week, I have to do 2 new things the next, even if I'm ahead of schedule for the year. It was my only really successful New Year's resolution. I did my 52nd new thing in August that year. I joined a writer's group, took up LARPing, joined an astronomy club, and became more open about my bisexuality.

SEE, I'm actually playing a 5th edition game, that just hit level 5, too. It's at a game store, DMed by one of the store workers. He just reads from one of the campaign books, but he's got a knack for keeping it engaging. I've been switching between a dwarf cleric and a human fighter who also uses a bow. It's like we're the same dude!

I can like posts. Allow me to demonstrate:

Hey, everyone! I like every one of your posts! Cool posts, guys!

brady-kj.deviantart.com
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Smithsonian sounds amazing. I didn't know they had an Enterprise there. Was that the Original Series, TNG, or Ent? Were there moon landers and stuff like that in the Air and Space Museum?

I learned a lot from the experiences over the last few years. Sure, some of them were pretty frustrating, but I decided to take some control of my experiences my seeking out fun and interesting experiences where I can make friends and learn things. I figured life throws bad experiences at you no matter what you do, but you have to seek out good experiences. One year (2012), I made it my New Year's resolution to do one new thing every week, and if I miss a week, I have to do 2 new things the next, even if I'm ahead of schedule for the year. It was my only really successful New Year's resolution. I did my 52nd new thing in August that year. I joined a writer's group, took up LARPing, joined an astronomy club, and became more open about my bisexuality.
Howdo you feel about your experiences? And what are Descent and Heroes Quest like?

SEE, I'm actually playing a 5th edition game, that just hit level 5, too. It's at a game store, DMed by one of the store workers. He just reads from one of the campaign books, but he's got a knack for keeping it engaging. I've been switching between a dwarf cleric and a human fighter who also uses a bow. It's like we're the same dude!

I can like posts. Allow me to demonstrate:

Hey, everyone! I like every one of your posts! Cool posts, guys!

brady-kj.deviantart.com
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will answer your questions with some pics. I recently finally bought myself a DLSR camera, and have enjoyed taking photos with it. I'm not great with it, or even good, and barely probably up to par with it. But it's fun.

I have been doing the same thing this year, like you did in 2012. Taking myself out to at least one place a week. Just to get out, and about. It's been a fun and interesting time. Met all types of great people. And have done some things I never thought I would.

That's great that you are more confident in yourself and your life. Not many are. So kudos to you.
Tauhid
Noble

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might need to take that pastime. Venturing out I mean. O'm growing more reclusive the older I get. Great pics.
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I was pretty reclusive for most of my life. I guess, you just get accustomed to one way of living. The only downside to traveling, is that it costs money. And that adds up. I have toyed with the idea of going down to Disney in June. But that will run me close to 2 grand or so.. And I'm not sure I really want to spend that kind of money.

In other news... Anyone have anything good on this Holiday wish lists this year? Besides all of us waking up from this dream that Donald Trump is going to be our next president.. And if you voted for him. Shocked Shocked But let's not get all political in here. That does not end well. Ever.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm taking a step towards that whole "venturing outside the comfort zone" thing. I've got tickets for PAX south at the end of January, and a room reserved for the weekend.

Lots of things I'm checking off here. Longest solo drive, first vacation I've planned, first convention I've gone too. First vacation I've taken without family. First time meeting up with people from the internet...

Honestly, getting a bit nervous about the whole thing and it's still a month out. Don't know why, I mean I've planned it just about as far as I can. Just need to find a midway-ish point on the drive down there to get a room for the night since a 14 hour straight drive sounds less than appealing.

Holiday wise, I'm hoping to get some clothes or some gift certificates to stores that sell clothes. Boring AF, yeah, but one of those things that I dislike spending money on regardless of how necessary it is.

I had hoped that the NES Mini wouldn't be a big seller (or would be produced enough to meet demand) so I could get one, but they sold out everywhere before my alarm went off the day they were released. Maybe for my birthday though.

Would also love a small grill that ran off the little green propane bottles. My HOA got all pissy about my old grill with it's full sized bottle, so I traded it to my brother for his old stove. Now I'm really missing being able to grill outside.
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pax Original, Pax East, Pax South, and Pax Australia, happening each year. How rich are Gabe and Tycho? Seriously? Like millionaires. They are a conglomerate.

I hope you have a good time out there. It used to always be a dream of mine to attend E3 back in the day, when it was a real thing. Maybe one day I will make it to a Pax. That is quite the drive, I don't know if I am up to that level of going out. Not in one sitting. I'd certainly have to split it up to 5 hour intervals, or something. Enjoy it all, all the excitement of it all.

I don't have much on my list this year for the holiday. Just some movies, and a few games. And of course, I splurged on myself, getting some new set pieces for Lego Dimensions. Actual Lego's and a video game combined. Score.

I hope everyone on Homeville, and beyond, has a very happy and blessed holiday, and even better new year.
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's awesome to hear about everything you guys have been up to. And those are some nice photos!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and here's to an even better New Year for everyone! ♥
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone get anything good for Christmas or any other holiday or gift-related event?
I got a board game called Vikings On Board. It's a strategy game involving loading goods onto ships and profiting off of them. It's fun enough. I also got a few nice tools, a book about funny tourist attractions in Minnesota, and a big jar of honey. And my Dad called me after I flew back to Washington and said a new package came in for me. I guess I'll find out what that is in a few days. When my dad called, he seemed to think it was something I ordered, even though I haven't lived at that address in 13 years. All I know is it's from Las Vegas.

brady-kj.deviantart.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: