Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

2015 Art Challenge (a.k.a. "J16 Lite")
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:44 am    Post subject: 2015 Art Challenge (a.k.a. "J16 Lite") Reply with quote

J16 returns (sort of)!

The rest of my month is looking like wall-to-wall work, but I want to do SOMETHING for you guys this year, so here's what I've got:

I've been putting in extra time since New Year to catch up on the commissions and reward sketches from last year (and some from 2013 Embarrassed ). There are still twelve left (EDIT: whoops, make that thirteen), so those are going to fill the first dozen spots.

The last few spots are open! So, if there's something comic-related that you'd like to see me draw, you're welcome to post a sketch prompt here. ♥

The guidelines this year are:
- True Magic characters only.
- Only one or two characters per sketch.

It might take more than 16 days to finish everything, but let's see how far we can get!

Commissions / Sketch Prompts:
(Start here to see them all posted in the order they were drawn.)

01: [DONE!] Miranda Casual - Styxxsardonyx
02: [DONE!] Chibi Chrono and Marle - Zachary
03: [DONE!] Siobhan and Roisin - Brian
04: [DONE!] Yrmstrae and Delilah - Felix
05: [DONE!] Boy in the Desert - Elliot
06: [DONE!] Raene Supreme - Styxxsardonyx
07: [DONE!] Darnassus Anniversary - B. R.
08: [DONE!] Full-Power Hero - D. S.
09: [DONE!] Gullac - Zela
10: [DONE!] Severian and Tareth - Thought-Ripples
11: [DONE!] Combat-Ready Cole - Saint Cy
12: [DONE!] Chibi Liadan and Cerberus - Anna
13: [DONE!] Chibi Demon and Wolf - Lisa
14: [DONE!] G.L.A.S.S. Ladies at Work - KitFang
15: [DONE!] Jen Constantine - young
16: [DONE!] Homeville Curling - see317

Onward! Nudge Nudge

Last edited by Aja on Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:34 pm; edited 7 times in total
KitFang
Spark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say again: Happy birthday, Aja! May your food be delicious and your heart be light!

I must confess I don't know whether something of mine is in that set of 12 or not. I know I had a couple somethings hanging back, but I haven't wanted to trouble your time with them. (And I'm so terrible, I can't remember what they were now...chibis maybe? Or was there a sketch? Augh. *slaps self*)

In any case, if there is a sketch in there for me, or if I get to be so lucky as to jump into one of these 4 slots......

I would LOVE to see some ladies from G.L.A.S.S. at work!
Espionage? Sabotage? Theft? Yes, yes! A million times, yes! Any and all! I know that's a rubbishly vague prompt--but they could be breaking into a chinchilla-budgie breeder's operation for all I care as long as I get to see some badass, cool, noble ladies doing their thing!

(I also understand if this is either too spoilery or too much work--since I don't know how much concept work you may already have on G.L.A.S.S. I realize none of them have actually shown up physically in the comic yet...that we know of!
In which case, I, uh...I'll think of something.)
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(The first two pictures are up! Here's a gift sketch for Styxxsardonyx, and some chibi fan art for Zachary.)

Thanks, KitFang! And yes, you definitely won some prize art: a chibi portrait (of any TM or non-TM character), and a TM pinup. If you'd like the G.L.A.S.S. ladies to count for one of your prizes, I'd be happy to turn that picture into a proper colored pinup. Grin
Styxxsardonyx
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't expecting the picture! It looks great. Thank you so much, again! Grin
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you still have open spots.. At first I was going to say something Chrono Trigger, but it was already done.. So swooooooooon...

And since you said True Magic characters. I will make my suggestion with them. Since I have been enjoying the new Constantine series, even though it may not get a season 2, I'd like to see some Constantine fan art... I will let you pick any one of your characters you would like to use. To create a John Constantine.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

young wrote:
If you still have open spots.. At first I was going to say something Chrono Trigger, but it was already done.. So swooooooooon...

And since you said True Magic characters. I will make my suggestion with them. Since I have been enjoying the new Constantine series, even though it may not get a season 2, I'd like to see some Constantine fan art... I will let you pick any one of your characters you would like to use. To create a John Constantine.

If I may be so bold as to offer a suggestion based on Young's request: Jen Constantine?

Also, I think, maybe the guys (and gal) could use some time off, playing a game far away from violent confrontation and fire slinging nobles. And I'm watching curling right now, so that's also on my mind.
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could get behind a female version, take, on Constantine. But then, could we also get a female Chas to go with it?

I don't get curling... That's like frozen bowling, with a person running behind the bowling ball, with a broom stick? Sounds like some thing two frat guys would come up with, after tossing back a few cold ones.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

young wrote:
I could get behind a female version, take, on Constantine. But then, could we also get a female Chas to go with it?

I don't get curling... That's like frozen bowling, with a person running behind the bowling ball, with a broom stick? Sounds like some thing two frat guys would come up with, after tossing back a few cold ones.

I'm fairly certain it was the Scots (possibly Scottish frat boys) that started the game, so it's safe to assume that large quantities of alcohol were involved somewhere (probably several somewheres) in the creation of the game.

Really, it's more akin to shuffleboard on ice then it is to bowling (albeit shuffleboard played with 40 pound granite pucks). Each team takes turns throwing their stones down the ice, trying to get their rock closest to the center of the target, block the opponent from doing so and/or knocking the opponents rocks away from the center of the target.
The brooms are actually used in front of the rocks, and by sweeping the ice they can alter the path of the stone on the fly.

I don't understand why, but it is fun to watch. It's about the only sport I can actually watch for any length of time, and when I do it's bizarrely mesmerizing.

But that's probably more information on Curling than is needed or wanted in this thread.
Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine it is mesmerizing. It's a very surreal experience watching people in bowling outfits playing giant shuffleboard while carrying brooms in a hockey rink.

brady-kj.deviantart.com
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, new month! Time to seize some free time for more art. Avast!

Here's another gift sketch: drider sisters for Brian.

Jen Constantine and Curling sound great. Grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Art Exhibit All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: