Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Wars 7 trailer
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Star Wars 7 trailer Reply with quote

I'm guessing you've seen it.
If not: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE

Now that you've seen it, thoughts?
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't allow you to have the last comment in all the sections here.

I have seen this trailer a few times.

My comments on it. Even though it's only a "teaser."

**spoilers see the trailer first before reading anymore.**

I thought after Mace Windu, Lando was the only black guy in the Star Wars universe? I'm assuming he's not an actual Storm Trooper. At first it was hard to take the trailer serious. I was reminded of the scene from Spaceballs. (You know the one.)

I was also surprised to even still see Storm Troopers, I would have thought they would be lost without a "leader" so to speak. Not counting they couldn't really do anything with a blaster..

And lastly... Since I'm apparently rambling here. That new lightsaber. I am not a fan. Those two side blades, make no sense, serve no purpose, and would probably just cause them to chop off their own legs. Most have debated, from that I read, that it's a guard to prevent hands from being chopped off, and is a similar construct from the star wars universe. Others say it looks like a medieval broadsword.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, each trilogy is allowed to have their one black guy. Looks like this time, he may be a main character. Think it would be cool to have him start as a Stormtrooper then convert to a good guy personally.

I wasn't surprised to see the Storm Troopers, I mean, the Empire was a huge bureaucracy spanning hundreds of worlds. That kind of momentum isn't going to evaporate with the death of the Emperor. Even if all the infrastructure for the Empire went tits up immediately after RotJ, you'd still have Star Destroyer Captains and admirals who now don't have anyone giving them orders, but still have plenty of military under their command.

Personally, I like the side blades. Sure, they'd probably result in the user cutting his legs off, but that's the likely result of any magical blade of cut-through-everything. I like the theory that they're energy exhausts and that's an ancient lightsaber from before the Jedi or Sith perfected their construction.

It does look a bit more like a medeival long sword than the traditional saber, though most long swords didn't have a crossguard made out of cut-through-everything.

Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing, that rolling droid, I want it to get it's own video game already.
Disney should buy the rights to Uniracers and replace the unicycles with balleR2-D2.
Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assumed that the Empire was replaced with a new galactic republic, and the New Republic kept a lot of the infrastructure from the Empire, just as the Empire kept a lot of stuff from the Old Republic. The Stormtroopers were the Empire's version of the clone troopers (though probably mostly not clones), and it stands to reason that the New Republic would have an army that's a continuation of the Stormtroopers. However, it is weird that they have the same uniforms. It would be like West Germany giving its army uniforms from World War II. It's bad PR.

brady-kj.deviantart.com
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will be interesting. What happened after the Emperor was defeated? Did the Rebels assume command, and create a new Republic? If so, what happened to the storm troopers? I would imagine if anything they would be a new version of them? So the old outfits make no sense? Of course obviously someone else assumed new command after the Emperor fell, and they probably kept the troopers. So many questions.

I could get behind an idea that this lightsaber is an archaic version of the saber. One that has not been perfected. I am a huge fan of The Old Republic, Knights and all that jazz. Revan is probably my favorite Jedi/Sith of them all.

Now if it is a new version of the saber, I am still baffled by why they would go in that direction. It seems more like it's going to harm the user more than them harming another.
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.... The day nerds have been waiting 30 years for, has finally arrived and the next star wars movie has arrived...

I will not post spoilers... As.. Well, I have a major scene spoiled because people are jerks, and had to throw it all over the internet for people to see. So it popped up without me even reading something about star wars. JERKS!

Some people love it. Some do not. Some are just meh. The movie was not a bad movie.. My only real complaint was that if you were to tell me that it was not episode 7 and was actually a reboot of 4, I would believe you. As this movie really is episode 4, with different characters. It did seem like it had a dark tone to the movie, which was surprising to me. Sure it was star wars, but this seemed darker. And at times I thought it was directed by Michael Bay and not J.J. Abrams.
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed it quite a lot!

I love Rey and Finn, I love Poe, GENERAL LEIA YESSSSSSSS, Han and Chewie woo!, and just general happiness. I was kind of expecting who Kylo Ren was but that didn't stop him being quite an impressive villain and the duel at the end of the movie was pretty solid Star Wars.

I wish they'd made a new version of the Imperial March for the First Order though, it just doesn't feel like Star Wars without the Imperial March. /musicnerd
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not much of a Star Wars guy, to tell you the truth. I did see it on opening night, though, and I have a funny story. In the middle of the movie, I took a restroom break, and there was a guy by the sink who looked exactly like Kylo Ren in a pink shirt! On my way out, I glanced in his direction and thought "Was that a guy who looks like Kylo Ren?" So, I looked a second time, and could not find any differences, except that this guy's hair maybe wasn't as neat. This second time, I looked a little too long, so he got an expression somewhere in between Shocked and Huh .

I assume I was the first of many people to stare at him, and he will wonder for years why people keep staring at him.

For me, that was one of the most entertaining moments of the movie.

brady-kj.deviantart.com
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my thoughts on Star Wars 7.

Pros:
There were a lot of jokes, and they were better than the jokes in the old movies.
Minority and female characters held more prominent roles than in the previous movies.

Cons:
The story line was extremely similar to the original one.
Kylo Ren came across as weak and unable to control himself. I found Kylo interesting, as a combination of traits of young Anakin and older Darth Vader, but he just wasn't compelling as the primary villain. his wouldn't have been such an issue if the other villain were fleshed out more.

brady-kj.deviantart.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: