Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

216 YOU WHAT?!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: 216 YOU WHAT?! Reply with quote

Wow. What kind of handsome hero is he?

brady-kj.deviantart.com
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A rather depressed one, at the moment!

Joe would probably get along better with Henson's long-lost* twin, the rugged Aku-Shin Hireau.

* Non-canonical and possibly evil.
MrPasserby
Courtier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. Hey, you know what, Joe? You're right. You win--it's all Henson's fault. Now go out there and show him how it's done! I'll be waiting over here with the fire extinguisher.

Alternatively: Someone needs to hit him over the head with the Therapy Bunny. That IS how it works, right?

edit: Oops, this is for strip 217.
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrPasserby wrote:
Someone needs to hit him over the head with the Therapy Bunny.

Ask, and ye shall receive. (Kind of.) Grin
MrPasserby
Courtier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaaaay! And I love the interaction between Marty and Whatsername in the background. (Uh, what IS her name, anyway? I don't believe she ever introduced herself.) You have the BEST supporting characters. Can the main cast keep them when they escape? Please?

I also love how Joe talks tough, but latches onto the Therapy Bunny without even thinking about it in the last panel. The little details are what really make scenes like this.
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking, what if we started a thread on the whole comic, rather than one page at a time? I think that would lead to more continuity of conversations, and more in-depth discussion as well.

brady-kj.deviantart.com
MrPasserby
Courtier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was alright to have one thread per comic a while ago when there was enough activity on the forum to fill a page or two, but now there's so little commenting going on that it would make more sense to consolidate.
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrPasserby wrote:
(Uh, what IS her name, anyway? I don't believe she ever introduced herself.)

I kept thinking, "Is she an important enough character to introduce right now? I don't want to throw too many names at people." Eventually I thought, "All right, she's had enough screen time that maybe a proper introduction would be good," but by then it was awkward.

Anyway, her name in the script is Alera. I'll probably have someone mention it later (and/or shamelessly edit it into an earlier page). Nudge Nudge

And Brady, that's a good idea! If it helps, I can just add a thread whenever a new scene starts, and post new pages there as the scene goes along.

Like so:

XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whelp, Kiku's screwed.

Hrm, I wonder if this will lead to an encounter with a certain doily-wielding badass in the future?
MrPasserby
Courtier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XiaoCaity wrote:
Whelp, Kiku's screwed.

Hrm, I wonder if this will lead to an encounter with a certain doily-wielding badass in the future?

First of all, Kiku will be fine. The alt text says so! And we all know Joe would never let anything hurt Kiku--he has dibs.

I also thought we might be meeting that gentleman you mentioned soon, but I can't help but wonder. We've run across some of the things you'd expect to see with him nearby, but there's been some hints that they aren't necessarily associated with him this time around. Either that, or there's a whole new side to him (and/or them) that we never saw before. But how likely is that? Wink

I used to speculate a lot about whether X or Y was about to happen, but gave up when I realized we're arguably only on page 16 of the old comic. I suspect we're almost to page 17, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if that's delayed a dozen pages or so by a sudden scene change. Speaking of which, how is Jen.....'s mother doing with all those bandits lurking about?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Magic Show All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: